We are happy to welcome your pets to our home when you are away from yours. We offer comfortable, climate controlled boarding and professional grooming services.
We offer a variety of preventative health care options, including:
For cats, we recommend a Rabies and Distemper vaccination every 1-3 years depending on the vaccination, a Leukemia vaccination every 2 years and a feline Bordetella vaccination every 6 months.
How can we prevent this?
Daily brushing, using CET pet chews and Aquadent mouthwash.
What about the tartar that is already built up?
We can perform a dental cleaning on your pet. Before the procedure, we will perform pre-anesthetic blood work on your pet to make sure they are healthy enough to undergo anesthesia. Then, we will put them under gas anesthesia to clean their teeth. We use a dental ultrasonic scalar to remove all the tarter. After we clean their teeth thoroughly we then polish them followed by a fluoride treatment.
Is your pet overweight?
We can run their information into a weight loss software that will tell you how many calories your pet needs daily or how many cups of a certain food to feed daily.
We understand that your pet is a big part of your family. That is why we want to make sure their “golden years” are as comfortable and active as possible. Our Senior Wellness Testing includes:
- Nose-to-tail exam
- 27 Panel Blood Chemistry to assess organ function
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) to check for underlining infections
- 2 Radiographs (X-rays) to assess for age-related changes.
In the event of a pet illness, we offer:
- Modern surgical suites, using the safest most effective anesthesia available on the market.
- A wide range of diagnostic tools at their disposal in order to make the most accurate diagnosis possible.
- We also maintain a close, working relationship with veterinary specialists both in Birmingham, and at Auburn University, Mississippi State University and the University of Georgia.
Your Other Family Doctor:
"Southlake has been taking care of our dogs since they were three months old (now 3 years old)! They are like family to us and are so great when we have an issue, an appointment, or just need our pups to stay overnight. Their service is top notch and I couldn't imagine our lives without them!"– Chelsea Berler